Monday, December 28, 2009

Teddy bear baby beanie hat



I have two good friends that are due with baby boys within the next month. Initially, I was going to make them baby blankets, but after completing the elephant afghan, I felt invigorated for something new. I found this pattern for a beary cute hat and decided to give it a try. I had just enough left over yarn from my last project that it seemed like the perfect project. I'm always a bit nervous about sewing things on, but think that these little bear ears turned out great.

This was my first time following a pattern for something other than a blanket and it was fun to try something new. I really need an infant to try it out on. It seems a bit small to me and while I've had two babies of my own, they're heads are much too big now. I tried it on a doll, but still don't know how accurate that is for size. I'm in the process of making one a little larger and we'll see which one fits. I can't wait for baby Jasper to be born so that he can model my hat!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment