Sunday, January 3, 2010

Don't laugh, I made slippers



Remember how I posted that I wanted to make slippers? Let me just start off with saying that it wasn't as easy as I thought. I'm pretty good at reading patterns, but something went arye. Making blankets and scarves is much easier since you don't have make a duplicate that's the same! The first slipper I made was WAY too big for my skinny little narrow foot so I took it apart and tried again making it smaller. The second slipper (but my 3rd attempt at this point) was even smaller and I swear I made it just like the revised smaller slipper. Regardless, they're both still too big, but I'm not giving up yet. I must say, they are very cozy and kept my feet warm on our 11 hour drive home from visiting family for the holidays. I WILL try this again as I am always wearing slippers and prefer this mary-jane/ballet slipper style since it's not so obnoxious to caught wearing when I answer the door in my slippers. I've seen some other patterns I might try, or might just work on modifying this one. I like it that they're one piece. I also need to squeeze in time to make slippers for both of my boys. I swear, they think these things grow on trees! Never mind the hours and blood and swear that goes into them. Alright, they weren't that hard to make ;-).
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment