Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year savings start big!



One of my new year's resolutions is to make every effort to save with coupons. In a way, this will help curb some of my impulse shopping as I'll need to know what I'm buying and check for coupons first. Yesterday was my first big grocery shopping trip of the New Year and I was so pleased that I saved more than ever - $25!!! I shop weekly and this could easily mean a savings of $1,200 in year JUST on groceries. Part of my big savings was that I used 2 $3 off Rayovac battery coupons that made my 2 battery items FREE!! I'm going to do my best to keep track of how much money I can save this year.

Another bonus savings: my son lost his bike helmet, so we made him use his allowance to buy a new one. But before he headed out the door to Toys R Us, I gave his a $5 of a $25 purchase coupon! I won't add that to my savings tally since that was his savings and not mine. I love teaching my kids about saving a buck!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics of the receipts..that's hillarious...ps, do you know what that "surcharge" is from the commissary...I just noticed it a couple months ago. It's usually around $10 for my bill which is normally $200. I know you would know! Love the blog, it's so you!

    ReplyDelete