Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My little green kid


I'm so excited to announce that my oldest son, Trent, has started his own blog, Diary of a Green Kid.    At our house, we make the effort where we can to be more environmentally conscious.  We use cloth napkins, we carpool, we recycle, and we buy a lot of things second hand (reuse).  I want my children to understand that we do these things to make less of an impact on our environment.  Trent loves the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and so now he has a diary of his own....a "green" one that's on the computer and not on paper.  I'm trying to have him post something "green" that he or our family does each day.  In the beginning, it will be easy.  Things like recycling our milk jugs, but after a while, we're going to have to get creative.  I'm very excited to see how this goes.  And our effort to be greener also help our effort to spend less.  Buying second hand, riding bikes, washing cloth napkins instead of buying paper napkins....these things are good for the budget too.  Follow his Diary to see how he's doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment