Monday, January 11, 2010

Someday I'll laugh at these....

I'm starting to hate slippers. After making my own pair, my eldest said he wanted some too. Does anyone realize the struggles I go through? After many failed attempts and a few patterns-gone-wrong, I successfully made slippers that will fit my 6-year old's size 12 (kids) feet - thank goodness! Are they pretty? Heck no! But they fit and they're about the same size, so in this, we have success. Of coarse, he then tells me, "Mom, I told you I wanted boot slippers." Really, kid? Really?

To make these, I pretty much used the little bootie pattern from the bear paw booties, but made them bigger. I tightened at the heel to make sure they'd fit since that was the error I kept coming across. And I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but before this last successful attempt, I traced my son's foot on a piece of paper so that I at least had a better gauge to work off of. I really want some slippers that fit, but not sure I'm ready to start that all over again. In the mean time, I'm making a scarf....it has nice straight lines and does not require a matching pair ;-).




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment